Tuesday 29 May 2012

How Do I Get Me Some Bush??


Bush Is In - But How Do I Get Me Some Bush??

After my last blog where I basically made anyone who has thin brows feel like bollocks...I thought it would be good practice to give some solutions to making your brows a little more bushy.
Us females (and I suppose some boys out there as well) have realized that ones brows can make or break you. They are a thing of beauty and can accentuate your facial features or close your features in & add years.
To obtain this, we’ve plucked, picked, shaved, threaded and waxed at our wee puppies, all pulling the eyebrow hair out from the follicle itself.
And unfortunately, over time this causes the eyebrow hair to actually stop growing. It also promotes breakage and loss of existent hair.
But never fear there is actually something you can do about your wee hairless puppies to stimulate some growth back into them!

The ‘Au Naturale’ Approach

You know how your mother (or grandmother) may have told you to eat your crusts because they make your hair curly? Well they didn’t know what they were talking about when they told you that. BUT when they said to drink your castor oil...well they did know what they were talking about on this one (except this was for constipation...and we are not on the subject of that right now).
And also I’m not going to get you to drink it nor am I trying to advise a cure for constipation.
Castor Oil is a little secret that I have been using for years. There is a lot of scientific guff on how and why it works...but to break it down for you...it is an essential oil (which simply means that it is derived from a plant and not had stuff done to it nor is it chemically derived) that promotes hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles.
Apply the castor oil (you can get it from a chemist/drug store - it should be under $20) to your whole eyebrow area nightly. Wash it off with warm water & a cotton pad in the morning.
During the day you want to keep your eyebrows and surrounding skin nice and moist. Moist skin provides opportunity for optimum hair growth on the facial region. A moisturizer containing vitamin E or C is a jolly good choice (I personally use the Body Shop Vit E Day Cream - but that is just me).
You could also if you are really keen grab some vitamin E oil capsules (the ones you would normally take orally) from your chemist/drugstore. Take a pin and make a little prick in a capsule, and apply the oil directly to your whole eyebrow (this could also substitute for any eyebrow moose/gel that you already use.) 
Vitamin E & D will help also to prevent breakage (breakage can make the eyebrows look thinner.)
I would recommend doing the above religiously for 6-10 weeks (maybe longer or shorter depending on what you start with).
So that is the au naturale way to handle your hairless puppies.

A More Chemically Inclined Approach (and I must say, not necessarily more effective)

Ever heard of Minoxidil Lotion? No I didn’t think so. It sounds way too scientific and like some smart people were naming something to make you feel stupid.
Anyway, this drug was first invented (under the name of Loniten) to treat high blood pressure. However it was noted that it had a side effect which was maybe bad for the patients at the time, but fab for us because it increased growth & darkened fine body hairs. 
You can buy an over the counter lotion containing minoxidil (you’ll find 2-5% minoxidil is safe for the eyebrow area) in most countries. Some common brand names are ‘Rogaine’ in the United States and Canada, and ‘Regaine’ in Europe and down under (where all the ultra-cool people hang out.)
Apply each night (or whatever the directions on the label tell you to do.) You should see some difference in 6-12 weeks (again depending on what you started with.)
Please note that when you stop using this product, your hair growth will return it’s previously normal level within 30-60 days - but that is ok if your puppies have grown by then!

The Last Solution

We have recently discovered that eyelash serum actually DOES work on your eyelashes (I must admit that I thought it was a gimmick to sell cosmetic type stuff). But my business partner (Jaimee - she’ll be stoked I mentioned her by name) tried it on her eyelashes and she noted a 1-2mm growth in 3-4 weeks.
Hence we have been trying it on the eyebrows and it is already having some great effects!
She is currently using “Rentoil Lash Serum" which she said she is finding is giving her the best results.
There are loads of brands available (just about every major cosmetic company has one now) - I can’t advise you on all of them, but Jaimee also said she had success with the Loreal one.
If you wipe a big blob of the serum or castor oil or minoxidil on your cheek please don’t expect that overnight you’ll get a hairy cheek & look like a werewolf. All of the solutions I have given above stimulate and promote hair growth where there once was.
It’s all worth a shot ha! Go Play with it!
Peace out kids
Love
Jessica xXx

14 comments:

  1. Very interesting again! So.... could you slime this stuff over your scalp and get good results like that?

    Also, on another not entirely, just wondering how important it is to use a night cream on your face? And, if it's important, is there one that's better than others? In fact, it would be awesome to have a post from you all about how to treat your face lol... hope I'm not asking too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello beautiful Lady in Red...haha yes you could put castor oil over your hair (scalp) and you would get growth like that. Was just talking to one of the ladies that works for us who is from India and she said her mother has been doing just that for years & has beautiful long black healthy hair.

    A little bird a few years ago let me in on the wonderful secret of Vit C used in moisturizer. I've been using it for about a year now (as a night cream) and baby I've so noticed the dramatic difference.
    I prefer to lather up at night only because I hate oily skin during the day. But that is just me. I use a light one during the day under my makeup.

    That is food for thought re what to do on the whole face.

    Thanks hon xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, thanks so much for the reply! I'm now extremely excited about the castor oil lol... the only problem is that Indians have such awesome hair to start out with - that putting oil in it looks fine. When I put oil in my hair I end up looking like a drowned rat! Still, I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens. Maybe I could use it just at night.

      About the Vit C - do you mean that you buy moisturisers with Vit C in it? Or do you mean that you somehow add C to your moisturiser? I'm sorry for the simple questions :-)... I've never used any products before - but now I'm starting to age and it's making me panic lol.

      Thanks again! :-)

      Delete
    2. Jessica, I've given you an award on my blog. More people need to know about you! If you're into this sort of thing then drop by to pick it up :-)

      http://abozosabbozzo.blogspot.in/2012/06/more-awards-yay.html

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! That is so awesome! YOU are sooooo awesome! Thank you so much :-) Right I have to get more into this whole blogging thing I think. As of a couple of weeks ago not only had I not blogged myself at all, but to tell you the truth I had only read a dozen or so in my life. Bit of a virgin around! But thank you sweet. That is awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :)

      The awards, other than just sort of being fun ;-), are a great way of getting your name out there. As I mentioned in my response to you on my blog, you don't have to go by all the rules however, passing the award on to others is a great way to connect.

      Delete
    2. Ok wicked.
      Thank you again :-)

      Delete
  4. Ohhh, I hate when men obviously get their brows done!!! Like, pluck/wax the unibrow, but stop there. Where you're rocking hotter brows than me, it's just like, why? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha there is an art to doing guybrows. You want to tidy those wee boys up (like the unibrow and those wee stray kids) but you can't make them perfect. That's a big no no. I'm fully with you on this one!

      Delete
  5. Very intresting and lovely blog!

    What do u say about following each others blog on Gfc and bloglovin just to stay in contact this way?

    Lots of love,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a fab idea xXx

      Delete
    2. :))) gladlt following you, love. Truelly great article!!!

      www.nicoleta.me

      Delete
  6. This is great, considering that I posted about my eyebrows this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I just read your rather amusing and suspense-filled blog! So what was your verdict on the ole trim?

    ReplyDelete